|Organization Name||Wellness Council of Wisconsin
|Job Title||Marketing Intern
|Geographic Area||Southeast Wisconsin
The Wellness Council is the Wisconsin affiliate of Wellness Council of America, or WELCOA, a national non-profit organization dedicated to building healthier workplaces and one of the most respected resources for workplace wellness in America. Founded in 1985 by nine Milwaukee employers, membership is now over 420 employers throughout Wisconsin. In addition to membership, the Wellness Council offers events and programs, including our annual worksite wellness conference, which is the biggest event of its kind in the Midwest. For more information visit us at our website: www.wellnesscouncilwi.org.
Statewide nonprofit seeks creative, resourceful marketing intern to help us enhance our brand, grow membership and increase market presence through innovative and inspired marketing and communications strategies.
We seek to significantly expand our online membership offerings and we also have aggressive goals for new membership in 2012. Located in Milwaukee, we are a unique organization working to promote worksite health promotion to businesses through membership and training and development programs. We are the local affiliate of the national organization, Wellness Council of America. We are a dynamic organization, offer a flexible schedule and are well connected in the business community.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Definition and Scope: Under direct supervision of professional staff, provides marketing support for a broad range of Wellness Council membership and program activities.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in preparing communications and marketing materials, electronic and otherwise;
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans and strategies utilizing social media/networks for membership and programs including annual conference;
- Become familiar with the Seven Benchmarks of the Well Workplace Process and the Well Workplace Award along with all WELCOA tools, resources and products.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Interest in corporate health promotion, community health education, exercise science, corporate communications, nonprofit management and related disciplines;
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program with junior or senior standing;
- Goal oriented, innovative mindset with ability to work individually and as part of a team. Please note that our staff does not include other marketing professionals.
- Well-versed in computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite of programs and use of the internet and social networking sites.
- Graphic design experience is preferred.
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is an unpaid position.
|How To Apply||
Please send your cover letter, resume and one writing sample to Theresa at email@example.com with "Marketing Intern - BSN" in the subject line.