|Organization Name||University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
|Job Title||Communications Assistant
|Geographic Area||Southeast Wisconsin
UWM, a doctoral/research intensive university, is Wisconsin's premier public urban university, offering a comprehensive liberal arts and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate level to its 30,000 students. UWM takes pride in being a student-centered institution that is deeply committed to diversity in its student body, faculty, staff, and programs. UWM, a 103-acre campus, is located on Milwaukee's Upper East Side in one of the city's most attractive residential areas. For more information, please visit www.uwm.edu.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) is currently seeking to fill a full-time vacancy for a COMMUNCATIONS ASSISTANT with Social Media in the Peck School of the Arts.
The Communications Assistant will work closely with the Marketing Specialist, Director of Marketing, and Creative Specialist to help write material, manage information, track media hits, and build the Peck School of the Arts’ social media platform to increase visibility for the school among prospective and current students and the community at large while also performing general office and event management support. The Communications Assistant will need to be a creative writer and a team player who is passionate about social media and eager to keep the school at the forefront of new social media trends.
This position will be responsible for:
- Working with the Director of Marketing, Marketing Specialist and other Peck School external relations staff, the Communications Assistant will manage, implement and maintain all social media campaigns for School, including Face book pages, Twitter posts, YouTube, Peck School News Blog;
- Collaborate with team members and departments to ensure community and social media initiatives coordinate with and complement other strategies and utilize resources efficiently to maintain and build presence;
- Help build social network to allow for real-time marketing to current and prospective students, patrons, alumni and followers and to foster ongoing engagement, connection and outreach with online audiences.
Website and online content management:
- Update and help monitor the school’s website content on a regular basis, including all the main pages and news blog;
- Manage/update all online calendars.
Email marketing and list management:
- Working with the Marketing Specialist, implement email marketing efforts, including weekly and monthly e-blasts, event-specific campaigns, and other announcements using Constant Contact system;
- Manage email marketing back-end and list management;
- Uncover and implement ways to grow list.
Graphic design assistance:
- Under direction of the Creative Specialist, create web pages following CMS system and brand guidelines;
- Design print materials as needed.
Measurement reporting and management:
- Working with marketing and external relations team, track online marketing efforts to identify successes and/or areas to improve, (i.e. Google Analytics);
- Create regular reports related to marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, business or related field required;
- Experience in communications or marketing and experience using social media is required.
- The Communications Assistant will have at least 2 years experience in social media, using various social media platforms, and show evidence of: some experience using social media directed at a student population;
- A competent and creative writer, able to independently write material for website and/or print publications;
- Training or experience with basic graphic design print and online principles;
- Experience tracking and reporting results; experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Actual salary is commensurate with qualifications. Excellent fringe benefits. Annual 12-month pay basis.
|How To Apply||
Application Procedure: Persons interested in being considered for this position must apply through the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee Employment Site located at www.jobs.uwm.edu/. The direct link to the posting is: http://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/8505.
Completed on-line application materials must include a letter of application describing interest in the position as well as educational and professional qualifications for the position; a detailed resume which include applicant’s email address; and a separate document listing the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references. Do not include letters of reference with application. Work Samples may be requested later by the Search Committee.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by April 15, 2012
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All finalists for this position will require a criminal records review consistent with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.