|Organization Name||Lessiter Publications
|Job Title||Associate Editor
|Geographic Area||Southeast Wisconsin
Lessiter Publications is a thirty one year old niche publisher. Publisher of Farm Equipment, Ag Equipment Intelligence, Precision Farming Dealer, Rural Lifestyle Dealer, No-Till Farmer, Conservation Tillage Guide, Farm Catalog in the agricultural market. Also publisher of American Farriers Journal in the equine market. Sports publications include Winning Hoops, Coach & Athletic Director and The Real AAU.
Develop, write and solicit written and video content. Occasional and/or regular writing assignments, copy reading, proofing and editing of various manuscripts and other written materials and working with senior editor’s to develop content.
This position has multi-title responsibilities. The Associate Editor primary responsibility is to develop, write and solicit written and video content for Precision Farming Dealer newsletter, and working with web editor to ensure the meeting of production deadlines for distribution of e-newsletter every other week. Position requires occasional and/or regular writing assignments, copy reading, proofing and editing of various manuscripts and other written materials for Farm Equipment and No-Till Farmer publications, and working with senior editor’s to develop content for their respective e-publications.
Initiate, plan, develop and manage the execution of top quality editorial content that supports Precision Farming Dealer objectives and goals. Thought leader who constantly seeks out industry trends and information. Must have an appreciation for technology and be able to gather and analyze all available information on precision farming, have the ability to tell a story on how it will benefit the readership, not just report on facts.
This position must be able to establish relationships with business and agricultural industry leaders and to be able to leverage these relationships to generate meaningful and directional content as it relates to precision farming retailing and application. Operate as the primary point of contact for all things precision farming.
Must have the ability to learn, understand and simplify technical and retailer information. Must understand the ag equipment retailer business model and be able to identify new and emerging areas of content for Precision Farming Dealer.
- College degree in journalism or related field.
- Strong understanding of professional publishing business, developed through at least 2-3 years experience in the industry.
- Agricultural background a plus.
- Stellar grammar and spelling skills.
- Strong writer.
- Experienced with social networking and its importance in today’s media.
- Digital video experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required, both written and oral.
- Fast learner, extremely meticulous, independent and self-directed.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task and make sound decisions under pressure.
- Travel required covering various equipment shows, precision farming meetings, dealer meeting/visits and conferences.
|Compensation & Benefits||
- Competitive compensation package, salary.
- Benefits include health, dental, Simple IRA match, annual profit sharing and summer hours schedule.
- Some relocation available.
No third party applications.
|How To Apply||
Please email cover letter, resume, writing samples & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. In the subject line of your e-mail, be sure to include “Associate Editor - Ag - BSN”.