|Organization Name||GE Healthcare
|Job Title||Manager - PR & Organization Communications
|Geographic Area||Southeast Wisconsin
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.We are a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 46,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
This role is responsible for leading the development and deployment of a product P&L PR and organization communications strategy, keeping alignment with GE Healthcare’s overall communications strategy and global messaging.
- Leading the execution of an integrated product business communications plan, this includes working with the Marketing Communications and Regional PR/employee comms teams to deliver consistent messaging and maximum visibility of business products and leaders, with all key stakeholders.
- Leading the development and execution of strategic PR/employee communications plans and programs which support: (a) the business CEO and the senior business leaders including HR (b) Key business initiatives like new product introductions, Quality and compliance, healthymagination; (c) significant business actions including acquisitions, integrations, business restructuring and consolidation communications.
- Leading the development & execution of a strategic public relations communication plan for the assigned P&L business, and managing the overall external communication process.
- Integrating public relations and employee comms messaging from GE Corporate and GE Healthcare into the assigned P&L business, as well as providing support to other P&Ls and functions.
- Consumerizing GE Healthcare initiatives and messaging with consumer reporters
- Partnering with Marketing Communications in the development and dissemination of the main messages to the global audience based on the business short term, annual and longer-term goals.
- Leading the planning, drafting and execution of crisis communication plans (as needed) and change communication plans
- Leading all P&L-specific media projects by developing communication plans adapted to each situation, and establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with internal and external clients, including media representatives
- Managing the dissemination of information about products to appropriate media outlets via press releases and various communication channels.
- Work with GE Healthcare’s Global Communications team on cross-business opportunities, Quality agenda and culture change, development of common processes and programs such as manager communications training, GE Values, global telecasts, Olympics, and healthcare issues.
- Writing and editing communications materials, including internal messages and press releases
- Support the development of meaningful and actionable metrics to measure reach and effectiveness of business/GEHC communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, English, Journalism or a related field.
- Minimum 6 years increasingly more responsible professional experience in communications and/or public relations experience in a corporate communications department or public relations agency
- Must have the ability to develop strategic communications plans, advise senior leaders on communications strategy but also the ability to deliver at the tactical level
- Strong written communication and planning skills with demonstrated experience writing clearly and convincingly, tailoring communication methods to customer’s requirements.
- Experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver key messages effectively
- Working knowledge of English language (oral and written)
- Experience working in the healthcare or service-related industry
- Strategic mindset with the ability to deliver upon tactical goals
- Works well under pressure; accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations. This includes continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or frustrating circumstances
- Dependability: Being reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed and fulfilling obligations
- Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Inclusiveness: Energizing others by building a connection with the business team, as well as Communications teams
- Clear thinking: Simplifying strategy into specific actions, making accurate decisions based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely
- External focus
|Compensation & Benefits||
Based on Experience.
|How To Apply||
To apply for this position, you must:
Apply at http://jobs.gecareers.com/job/Wauwatosa-Manager-PR-&-Organization-Communications-Job-WI-53208/1796354/
Must be willing to pass a pre-employment drug test and a pre-employment background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
Must be willing to work in an office located at our Researach Park, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin location.
Must be currently authorized to work in the U.S.