Skills and Attributes:
- Strong writing and editing skills with expertise in AP style.
- Proven message development skills.
- Experience in serving as an internal account service and project manager for communications initiatives, working across teams and disciplines.
- Working knowledge of social media including platform usage, messaging development and posting, appropriate response strategy, and ad monitoring.
- Self-directed, detail oriented, flexible and dependable.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities as needed.
- Strong public relations and corporate communications background.
- An ability to exercise a high level of professionalism, judgment, discretion, and confidentiality, particularly regarding information about individual diplomates.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal skills, and an ability to collaborate and build partnerships with other departments in support of shared objectives.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Mass Communications, and/or Public Relations.
- Not required, but considered a plus – master’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, English, or Mass Communications.
- 5–10 years public relations and/or corporate communications experience.
- Agency, in-house hospital/health system, or medical specialty society experience preferred.
- Health care background and knowledge necessary.
- Not required but considered a plus – grass root advocacy and legislation background and experience.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.