Opportunity: Communications Manager
The McCormick Foundation is looking for an experienced project manager and savvy relationship builder with a philosophy of providing excellent client service. The ideal candidate has strong writing and campaign management skills, and experience supporting fundraising and development communications.
The Communications Manager leads and oversees client service for all Foundation grant programs through coordinated communications support. This includes coordinating overall content development (stories, videos, graphics and presentations), designing and implementing fundraising efforts through public campaigns with the community, proactive and reactive media relations work, managing internal communications, and supporting plans that enhance the impact of the Foundation.
The Manager provides oversight to one Communications Officer (who, in turn, supervises the Communications Intern) in the design and development of social media campaigns, related content, and meeting support services. The Manager is a partner to the Web Development Manager in providing integrated communication support to all Foundation staff.
- Provides coordinated client service to all Foundation grant teams to develop and implement best-in-class internal and external communication strategies with confidence and diplomacy
- In partnership with the Director of Communications, develops, implements and manages the Foundation’s fundraising solicitation campaigns to support the McCormick Foundation Communities Matching Fund, disaster relief campaigns and other efforts as needed
- Leads the development and production of online and offline communication channels for internal and external audiences (i.e. the Roadmap, Insights, the RoundUp, Kernels, social media, etc.)
- Maintains the Communications editorial calendar, identifying and managing content topics, vehicle frequency and distribution methods
- In partnership with the Director of Communications, responds to requests from local and national media, providing necessary information as appropriate
- Provides supervision and direction for the Communications Officer
- In partnership with the Director of Communications and Web Development Manager, takes a leadership role in planning and execution of awareness campaigns and special promotional events
- Assists the Director of Communication in the management of the departmental budget
- Undertakes special projects as requested by the Director of Communications, including providing additional support to Cantigny Communications