The Content Writer will develop and create content for print and digital media, as well as internal communications. The successful candidate will communicate with internal creative and account management teams, clients, and potentially media sources. You must follow client style guidelines and adhere to the AP StyleBook. Excellent writing, spelling, proofreading and grammar skills are essential to the role.
The ideal candidate is a natural at brainstorming ideas for creative, technical and promotional purposes, with experience developing a holistic digital content based on long term client marketing goals.
Essential Job Duties:
- Works closely with account executives and functional team members as required to develop and implement communications programs, procedures and initiatives aligned with project and client objectives.
- Work with digital marketing strategist to optimize content for SEO and lead generation.
- Provide editorial oversight and draft written content for external and internal communications for the client, including but not limited to, press releases, presentations, feature stories, scripting, message development, advertising, speeches, videos, social media, white/technical papers, websites and other outlets.
- Tracks and reports metrics to demonstrate effectiveness of communications.
- Serve as in-house copy editor/proofreader for marketing team, reviewing marketing literature for consistency, quality and tone of voice.
- May act as media or public affairs liaison and spokesperson as required for key clients.