The Greater Milwaukee Convention and Visitors Bureau, D.B.A. VISIT Milwaukee, is a private, non-profit corporation formed in 1967. As the main destination marketing organization (DMO) for the greater Milwaukee area, our primary goal is representing and promoting Greater Milwaukee as a premier destination for major conventions, corporate meetings, group tours, and business and leisure travelers. Our goal of increasing visitor and meeting generated revenue is achieved through sophisticated and integrated sales, services, marketing, and public relations programs geared to local, regional, national and international target markets. Through this process, VISIT Milwaukee is able to reach new and existing markets to increase visitors and economic impact to Greater Milwaukee.
The Convention Sales Coordinator will provide administrative assistance and support to the convention sales department and National Account Executives. The coordinator will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate reporting of all convention sales-related data, production reports and on-demand reports as requested, for both internal and external parties. The coordinator must possess a unique and in-depth understanding of the customer relations management (CRM) technology, third party data and research, financial and contract tracking, as well as database management.
Required education and experience:
- Associate’s or two-year degree or higher in a related field required, or
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an office environment, preferably in a sales department or the hospitality industry.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to write, speak, present and represent the company in a concise and professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects, priorities and deadlines with minimal supervision and a keen attention to detail. Accomplish assignments in a through and timely manner.
- Advanced computer experience including MS Office applications, with a minimum of two years’ experience with Outlook and Excel required. Must have experience working with databases and CRMs.
- A strong desire for accuracy, a concern for detail, and an exceptional amount of self-motivation and work ethic.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. Ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically, racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Contribute to a supportive team-oriented environment. Must possess a positive attitude and professional demeanor, tact and judgment in dealing with many internal and external customers.
- Ability to follow directions.
- A strong desire to excel and a drive to pursue professional development.
- Attend industry training and events as appropriate.
- Represent VISIT Milwaukee at events as needed.
- Ability to travel by air and personal vehicle.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to sit at desk, operate computer keyboard and view computer screen for six to eight hours per day.
- Must be able to hear and converse via telephone and in person. Must be able to bend and stretch to reach file drawers.
- May be required to lift boxes and small equipment up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- This position requires travel by business auto, personal auto, and airplane.
- Candidates must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.