The Digital Communications Specialist will be a member of the Wisconsin School of Business' Marketing and Strategic Communications unit, a full-service, in-house marketing and communications team. The position is responsible for managing WSB's social media presence, connecting with key stakeholders and the public to develop School/brand awareness, build community, and enhance reputation. The position is also responsible for media relations, reaching out to news media to pitch the School's stories on faculty research, programs, and educational innovation.
Monitors reach and effectiveness of communication campaigns, projects, and initiatives (15%)
- Regularly tracks and reports on social media and public relations performance. Uses insights to optimize performance going forward.
Plans editorial content according to established goals and objects (15%)
- Develops and maintains social media content calendar
- Develops and maintains public relations outreach calendar
Communicates with stakeholders to verify requests and identify editorial resources (10%)
- Supports digital communication requests/needs from internal and external partners
- Proactively engages stakeholders to pursue content ideas
Writes, edits, and publishes content for various communication projects and marketing platforms to align with strategic initiatives and established communication campaigns (50%)
- Independently manages WSB social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Writes press releases, media advisories, and digital pitches to secure media coverage related to WSB programs, research, and initiatives
- Actively engages with key audience groups in digital environments, representing WSB with on-brand, professional communications
Provides project management and execution of communications programs, initiatives, and tactical plans (10%)
- Collaborates with members of the Marketing and Strategic Communications unit on multi-channel, cross-functional efforts