- Developing marketing strategies to set, meet or exceed Milwaukee Ballet’s performance revenue and attendance goals.
- Creating and implementing marketing strategies to support Milwaukee Ballet School & Academy’s enrollment and growth goals.
- Forging effective working relationship with Artistic Director to ensure marketing strategies support delivery of his vision.
- Collaborating with Director of Development and Director of Community Engagement to develop strategies in support of their awareness and growth goals.
- Maximizing brand building opportunities presented by the move to our new home in Milwaukee’s Third Ward (August 2019) and our 50th Anniversary Season (2019-20).
- Devising and using database and market research projects for ongoing marketing effectiveness.
- Charismatically representing Milwaukee Ballet on peer committees, at our events and engagements, in the community and with patrons and donors.
Strategic Planning, Analysis and Audience Development:
- Lead the development of ticket pricing strategy, including discounting and demand pricing initiatives, in conjunction with Ticket Director.
- Use key metrics and identify ticket sales trends to guide strategy, especially for subscription sales.
- Define and assess opportunities for development of new and existing audiences.
- Monitor cultural trends and peer organizations to identify new opportunities.
- Evaluate progress based on metrics, including renewal and reactivation rates for subscriptions, new to file retention and multi-buyer rates for tickets.
Revenue Generation and Expense Management:
- Plan and execute subscription renewal / acquisition campaigns and single ticket initiatives, generating in excess of $2.5M in revenue annually.
- Develop income and expense budgets for marketing and communication programs, allocate resources amongst projects and report regularly against budget.
- Develop and share reports on the progress of campaigns with Board of Directors as required.
Communications, Media / Public Relations, and Branding:
- Increase regional and national awareness of Milwaukee Ballet (with Media & PR Manager)
- Ensure cohesive execution of Milwaukee Ballet’s brand across all channels and media.
- Seek continuous improvement of milwaukeeballet.org (with Marketing & PR Manager)
- Oversee social media and digital communication, monitoring the creation of timely, original, high-quality content. Ability to use social media analytics to inform content production & growth marketing ideas.
- Monitor patron touchpoints for to ensure best in class customer experience.
- Lead, motivate, and support the marketing team with confident decision making.
- Track projects to ensure prioritization, resource allocation, budget control, and excellent customer service.
- Continually assess capabilities and identify resources for staff development.