As a front end web developer, you will work across a number of digital platforms and contribute to projects such as:
- Website development
- Front end development
- Online advertising
- App development
In league with the creative team, a developer is responsible for making ideas a reality, and so needs to be confident enough to push boundaries and catch the eye of an audience.
A developer must also be a great communicator, as collaboration with many different team members and constantly demonstrating innovative expertise is not uncommon. The ability to stick to deadlines and stay within budgets is also crucial.
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Exploring ideas with team members, and offering insightful and creative input