One of the nation’s leading theaters for young audiences and families, First Stage transforms lives by creating professional theater experiences that inspire, enlighten and entertain, drawing annual audiences of over 135,000 with more than 300 performances each year. Its Theater Academy, the nation’s largest high-impact theater training program for young people, fosters life skills through stage skills to 1,500 young artists annually. Through its innovative Theater in Education programs, First Stage is Wisconsin’s leader in arts-integrated education in schools, serving 20,000 students in classrooms throughout southeastern Wisconsin each year.
The Graphic Designer provides graphic design support to the Marketing Department on a variety of marketing collateral. The Graphic Designer will have the opportunity to work directly with First Stage staff, contributing to the various strategies needed in promoting a professional theater for young people and families. This is a part-time, non-exempt position, approximately 25 hours per week. Hours per week may vary depending upon the work requirements that week. This position reports to the Marketing and Communications Director and may require occasional early morning, evening or weekend hours.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Collaborate with First Stage staff, including marketing, development, production, artistic, Theater in Education, and Theater Academy to ensure the continuity of First Stage’s message and brand in all print and digital collateral.
- Produces marketing, sales and related materials such as brochures, postcards, rack cards, playbills, signage, online and print advertisements, business cards, letterhead, invitations, flyers and other items as assigned.
- Works with printers and mailing service vendors to produce printed materials; works with print advertising account representatives to secure timely ad placements and artwork delivery.
- Assists with taking photo or video images, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.