Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird.
Our intern program:
Our intern program offers exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Baird’s summer program includes an Intern Welcome Event in our corporate office in Milwaukee, multiple Lunch & Learns, a Brewer game at Miller Park, Baird Night at the Zoo, and many other informal events. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day and be compensated to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for $8,000 in scholarships. Our informal mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm.
Hours: Part-time during the school semester, approximately 16-24 hours per week. During the summer, approximately 30-37.5 hours per week. We are looking for a local student who is able to start in May 2019.
As a Public Relations Intern, you will:
- Assist with Baird’s overall media relations efforts, helping create news releases and other media correspondence, developing media lists, tracking coverage, reprint coordination.
- Coordinate relevant news postings to Baird’s web sites and social media accounts
- Conducts research for media relations purposes
- Helps fulfill reporter requests for Baird Research
- Help identify relevant and timely topics for pitching Baird spokespersons
- As appropriate, helps research, write and implement internal news stories
- Assists with communications and media relations efforts for community involvement and sponsorship opportunities as appropriate (ex. Baird Gives Back Week)
- Help research and fulfill Awards & Recognitions opportunities
- Actively participates in monthly PR team and M&C department meetings; attends and may present at internal client meetings
- Assist with educating Baird associates on the role of public relations and how it can help achieve the firm’s goals
- Help ensure PR approach and messages are consistent with Baird’s practices, culture and brand
- Performs other duties in support of team, department and firm projects and activities
What makes this opportunity great:
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be flexible and highly adaptable.
- Team of associates passionate about achieving strong results for clients and while also giving to the communities where we live and work.
- Being part of a unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- Opportunity to grow and be your best at work, at home, and in the community.