Founded in 1908, Kahler Slater began as a regional provider of design services and has grown to become a global, award-winning firm. Today, the firm partners with clients to enrich life and achieve powerful results through architecture, interior design and environmental branding. We focus on serving health care, higher education, corporate, hotel, living environments, sports and fitness markets.
Work is performed in a pleasant, professional, creative, open office environment, with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines. Out of town travel is possible but expected to be minimal.
Kahler Slater’s mission is to enrich life and achieve powerful results through the places we design. Join our nationally recognized “Best Place to Work” culture and creative workplace. We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Marketing Coordinator and Proposal Specialist (Coordinator).
This position is very important to our team and integral to the overall success of our marketing and business development efforts. We are eager to meet a person that fits the following description.
This Coordinator will be a part of the centralized Marketing Team and will work closely with other senior marketing and business development staff and firm principals, on a variety of tasks, especially proposal development and new business development support.
The role of a Marketing Coordinator and Proposal Specialist is to support our Marketing and New Business Development staff in executing marketing, client retention and new business development tasks and activities for the firm and our business teams. A large part of this role will be assisting in the development of proposals for new business. Additionally, because social media is an important part of our marketing strategy, this role will also include organizing, gathering, and managing social media content. This fast-paced position requires a team player and detail-oriented individual with great communication skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist marketing staff to prepare proposals, presentations and new business development materials for prospective clients
- Ensure production of materials meet deadlines and assist in production efforts
- Collect, draft, edit, organize and proof various marketing collateral, including proposal content, project sheets, resumes, award submittals, brochures, and interview support content
- Create/manage templates while maintaining Kahler Slater brand/within branding guidelines (Adobe InDesign, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Gather, organize, and post regularly to Kahler Slater’s social media channels to support larger firm and team brand and thought leadership strategies
- Coordinate efforts for national and local events, public relations efforts, advertisements, materials for trade shows, direct email campaigns such as firm-wide newsletters
- Schedule marketing-related meetings as needed, take meeting notes and report back/follow up with meeting attendees
- Manage project and client data in firm-wide databases
- Manage marketing file organization and updates
- Complete industry surveys and directory information
- Perform other marketing support tasks, as required