About Metro Strategies, Inc.
Metro Strategies is a policy, planning and public affairs firm with public, private and nonprofit clients. We provide project management, community outreach and public involvement, issue advocacy strategies, research and policy development, project planning, and grant writing services to a wide range of clients predominantly in the field of infrastructure and transportation.
Our core values of leadership, problem-solving, accountability, professionalism, and personal and professional growth are projected by each staff member and are brought to each and every engagement. We approach our projects through our client's lens, becoming a vested partner in the project's outcome and success. We are committed to advancing the mission and goals of our clients by providing unique approaches, strong project management skills, effective communication techniques, and best practice recommendations. We are continually learning and growing to stay on top of emerging ideas, issues and trends in order to provide new ideas and solutions to our clients.
We look for outstanding individuals to add to our team that project and exemplify our values and approach.
Metro Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is for an experienced marketing and communications professional who can manage Metro Strategies' marketing and business development plan and implement strategies and activities.
The successful candidate will have experience in researching, designing, writing, and producing effective and compelling marketing and communications materials, including proposals, presentations, brochures, project sheets, etc. He/she should also bring expertise in digital marketing strategies.
Metro Strategies has offices in Downers Grove and Chicago and services clients in the Tri-State region. The primary location for this position is Downers Grove. The Marketing Manager is expected to exemplify the firm's core values of leadership, problem-solving, accountability, professionalism, and continued personal and professional growth.
Manages development and implementation of a marketing and business development plan and activities:
- Develops content (text and visuals) and produces various communications and marketing materials (firm collateral materials, proposals, website, newsletters and other materials); provides creative and innovative ideas, strategies and tools/tactics.
- Ensures all proposals and marketing materials follow firm style guide and brand standards.
- Maintains and updates resumes/bios and project sheets.
- Provides QA/QC support.
- Generates ideas to promote clients and projects.
- Assists and oversees a client satisfaction program.
- Assists in maintaining firm brand/style guide/voice.
- Monitors and identifies opportunities for conferences, panels, presentations, expos, awards, journal publications, sponsorships, and potential business development and potential clients.
- Assists and tracks business development follow up activities.
- Manages image library and/or digital asset management system.
- Maintains relationships with marketing staff at partner agencies and firms.
- Coordinates firm marketing/outreach events.
Manages and implements the firm's Proposal Process:
- Monitors RFQ/RFP releases for opportunities.
- Conducts staff interviews and gathers information to write compelling pieces that communicate value proposition (including resumes, project descriptions and other proposal information).
- Assists in formulating approach, developing key messages, themes, differentiators, and ensures consistency from proposal through presentation.
- Writes and develops content for proposals, presentations, resumes, and project descriptions; prepares all proposals, including organization of sections, exhibits, and attachments.
- Assists in the compiling, consolidating, formatting, and summarizing of information, forms, charts, graphs, images and pictures.
- Provides QA/QC for proposals ensuring thoroughness, accuracy, and the highest quality product.
- Maintains proposal list and monitors for selection.
- Identifies proposal and teaming opportunities.
- Researches potential clients and develops pitches.
Manages the firm's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
Provides insight, expertise and best practices in the area of marketing; researches and stays current on communication and marketing trends, recommends innovative strategies and determines how to position the firm in order to capture greater market share.
Assists in management of firm's website and newsletter, including writing and updating content and managing the contact list.
Helps manage social media content, including updating and monitoring, posting content to improve reach and engagement.
Assists with award applications.
Performs other duties as requested by the VP, Communications.