The Division of Facilities Planning & Management (FP&M) is a full-spectrum service organization that builds, maintains, and operates the physical environment of the UW-Madison campus in support of the university’s education, research, and outreach activities. FP&M works behind the scenes to coordinate campus planning, manage design and construction, maintain and operate buildings and grounds, supply utility services, ensure health and safety, and provide parking and transportation services. Our campus customers include anyone who works, studies, visits, or lives on campus.
SPHERE OF OPERATIONS:
FP&M’s sphere of operations extends to the entire 936-acre UW campus and includes buildings and grounds, walkways and roadways, parking lots, vehicles, and utility generation and distribution systems. On the main campus, this includes 420 buildings containing more than 17 million assignable square feet (ASF) of academic and research space and more than 25 million total gross square feet (GSF). More than 120 of these buildings house major instructional and research facilities. More than 83 percent of these buildings are at least 25 years old and 79 percent are at least 35 years old. There are also more than 9,500 acres of off-campus property. The annual operating budget of FP&M is $227 million. FP&M has also managed $3 billion of capital projects since 2000.
Looking for your DREAM job?
Look no further, FP&M has the job for you! FP&M is currently recruiting for a Strategic Communications & Marketing Specialist to join our growing Communications & Marketing Team. You will be responsible for developing and delivering integrated content to support FP&M's communication, marketing, and branding/identity goals. Apply today! On Wisconsin!
The Strategic Communications & Marketing Specialist serves as a member of FP&M's Communications & Marketing team responsible for developing and executing strategic communications and marketing initiatives in support of FP&M's mission, vision, and strategic priorities. Reporting to the FP&M Deputy Associate Vice Chancellor, this position will be responsible for researching, developing, and delivering integrated content to support FP&M's communication, marketing, and branding/identity goals for a variety of key internal and external audiences, including UW faculty, staff, students, and FP&M employees.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION:
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, English, or related field.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3 years of experience in professional communications or marketing role, with an emphasis on strategic communications, content development across multiple platforms, and/or web site management.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills across all media.
- Must have proven ability to translate complex concepts and information into compelling communications for a variety of audiences.
- Previous experience working with University leaders, faculty, staff, students, and the public strongly preferred.
- Ability to think strategically, understand a wide variety of audiences, and develop targeted and effective messages to further the goals of FP&M's communication programs.
- Demonstrated expertise with MS-Office applications, especially Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with content management systems, especially Wordpress.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, on teams, and across organizational units.
- Highly effective organizational, project management, and change management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight schedules and deadlines.
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Previous communications experience in a multi-shift, multi-lingual environment preferred.