A banner year, 1974 ushered in Hank Aaron’s 715th home run (beating Babe Ruth’s record), the construction on the Sears (now Willis) Tower wrapped and Bader Rutter was founded. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with offices in Chicago, Illinois, and Lincoln, Nebraska, our full-service agency loves making history for our clients. We’re experts in agriculture, food, insurance, chemicals, building products and industrial equipment. We’re 250 employees strong, and for all of us, no challenge is too big or too complicated to take on. BR has been named one of the Top Workplaces in Southeastern Wisconsin each of the seven years the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has offered the title. And beginning in May 2017, you’ll find our headquarters right in the heart of downtown Milwaukee.
You’re a great communicator and you’re eager to build your skills. You’re ready to explore your passions and experience multiple facets of social media work. You thrive in an environment where no two days are identical, you ask great questions and people like having you as a co-worker. You deliver excellent work on time and love learning new processes. That’s why we want you as our newest Social Media Intern. You’ll work across clients developing social content, publishing and coordinating posts, executing community management, social listening, reporting and ad trafficking activities. You’re not too big to do the small stuff, but you’re prepared when new research assignments come your way. For you, no task is too small and every day is a chance to learn. You’re ready to test out the fast-paced agency life. But enough about you, what about us? We dream big and plan meticulously. We’ve grown ourselves and our clients for almost 50 years by investing in creative, innovative thinkers who understand the complexities, audiences and channels of today’s ever-changing world.
Contact us and tell us about your communication skills and self-starter attitude.
Here’s why we want you:
- You’re a full-time student or recent grad with a major or minor in strategic communications (public relations, advertising, journalism) or business marketing.
- You’re a junior, senior or recent grad with previous internship experience. You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You understand social media platforms and industry trends.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- You’ve completed basic strategic communications and/or business marketing coursework while maintaining a B or higher grade average.
- Looking for 30-40 hours/week
- This will be a remote role. This internship will start in June and end in August of 2022.
Please include quality writing samples with your application, preferably from past internships, personal blog posts or samples from a volunteer/school organization. Papers or projects from journalism, PR or relevant communications classes will also be accepted, but must be less than two pages. Because this internship is content-focused,applications without writing samples will not be considered.
Connect with us and let your next career step bring you to Bader Rutter.