The account manager is primarily responsible for providing strategic, innovative, results-oriented, cost-effective service to a diverse client base by managing the available resources and effectively delegating work to staff and independent contractors. The account manager is evaluated on his or her time management skills, client satisfaction levels, documented results, and overall contribution to the firm's profitability. An account manager also is expected to participate in and support the firm's marketing and new business development efforts.
Additional skills will include the ability to organize and implement multiple projects and establish priorities while administering client budgets, supervise and coach others, manage and track time effectively and interact effectively with other team members, clients, and vendors.
- Develops and implements marketing and public relations plans for clients, and monitors and reports on progress toward achieving desired objectives
- Manages, tracks and supervises client accounts and client projects
- Delegates and directs execution of appropriate client work to other staff members in order to ensure quality control, deadlines are met, and client projects are completed
- Mentors and leads other staff to help develop their skills
- Supports the agency’s marketing efforts, and assists Legato marketing efforts by meeting with potential clients, developing proposals, presentations and direct mail materials
- Coordinates communications among clients, members of the client project team, and others to facilitate positive client-staff working relationships
- Develops and organizes special events for clients
- Develops client creative briefs and manages advertising and communications campaigns and programs, including the supervision of independent contractors
- Recommends and implements digital media strategies