Advancement & Communications Assistant

Jesuit Retreat House

The Jesuit Retreat House, located on Lake Winnebago in Oshkosh, WI, since 1961, welcomes over 2200 people annually. Approximately 70% of those who come to JRH participate in one of our many retreats. The remaining 30% come as part of a hosted group which rents our facility to offer their own programming, or as individuals making private retreats.

JRH has a total staff of 25 people including full-time and part-time employees who serve in the areas of retreat ministry, maintenance, housekeeping, kitchen, and the business office. JRH is a Catholic, nonprofit, ministry sponsored by the Midwest Jesuits.

Position Details

Advancement & Communications Assistant
Northeast Wisconsin
Oshkosh, WI

The Advancement & Communications Assistant at the Jesuit Retreat House is responsible for supporting our communication, marketing, development, and fundraising efforts. This role also coordinates hosted groups and helps with retreat registrations. The Advancement & Communications Assistant reports to the Director of Advancement and works in close collaboration with other staff members.

Essential Duties:

  • Help with the design, content, and production of newsletters, annual retreat schedules, etc.
  • Serve as liaison with printer, ad hosts, ad designers 
  • Generate print and video content for newsletters, e-blasts, social media, and website 
  • Assist with the production of marketing materials and strategies for weekend retreat coordinators 
  • Help manage social media accounts: post content for JRH across social media channels; keep upto-date with trends on social media 
  • Assists with gift processing and acknowledgement production in DonorPerfect 
  • Help maintain mailing and contact lists 
  • Maintain data integrity in DonorPerfect and Dataverse databases 
  • Coordinate and support JRH's presence at promotional events 
  • Assist with hosting Lakeside Speaker Series, benefactor gatherings, and other events that promote JRH and foster relationships with benefactors, stakeholders, and the community 
  • Provide regular phone coverage for registrar 
  • Handle inquiries for hosted events and Campion farmhouse, including scheduling, and coordinating across JRH departments; share in hosting responsibilities 
  • Other duties as assigned


  • Aligned with the Ignatian mission and core values of the Jesuit Retreat House 
  • Strong written and verbal communication skills, including telephone and customer service skills 
  • Attention to detail in supporting the design and format of communications and marketing materials 
  • Efficient in managing several work assignments and tasks simultaneously, prioritizing work, and meeting deadlines 
  • Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Excel and merge applications, as well as experience working with a database system 
  • Positive attitude, relationship-building skills, a high-level of self-motivation, and a strong, responsible work ethic 
  • Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, to think ahead and be a problem-solver 
  • Proficient in Social Media 
  • Spanish speaking at an intermediate or higher level a plus 
  • Associate’s degree or higher desired 
  • Complete the Diocese of Green Bay VIRTUS Safe Environment Training and pass a background check

Work Schedule:

The 25-28 hour work-week schedule is open to discussion and will be mutually decided upon at the time of hire and will require occasional evening and weekend obligations.

« Back