Shepherds College is a three-year, post-secondary school for young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The college offers an accredited, residential program designed to promote Appropriate Independence in each student. The program includes classes in daily living skills, spiritual growth, social/emotional skills, functional academics and the choice of one of three specialty majors: Horticulture, Culinary Arts or Technology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Full alignment with the Shepherds College Mission Statement and Statement of Faith
- Successful background in donor development, recruitment and/or business sales and marketing
- Bachelor’s degree with three years successful experience in major or planned gifts preferably in higher education or ministry
- Ability to lead diverse initiatives and influence people towards goals
- Strong social and people skills
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and call to advance God’s Kingdom through financial stewardship
- Track record of gaining agreement to significant proposals
- Ability to complete detailed proposals, contact records, reports and correspondence
- History of successfully working independently
- High moral integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in standard office computer software tools (i.e.: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
During a typical day, this person will make contact with 15 to 25 or more individuals by phone (and occasionally in person) to communicate the mission of Shepherds College and find creative ways to fund the mission. The Advancement Officer will be expected to work 4-5 days per week on campus here in Union Grove, WI. Hours will primarily be during regular business hours with occasional weekends and evenings. Some travel is required (about 25%).