Assistant Director of Communications
CLIENT ASSOCIATION: International Parkinson and Movement Disorders Society (MDS)
POSITION(S) REPORTS TO: Director of Membership and Communications, MDS
POSITION(S) THAT REPORT TO YOU: Digital Communications Manager, Communications Manager
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society is a non-profit medical professional society of influential clinicians, scientists, and other healthcare professionals from around the world dedicated to improving the care of patients with Parkinson’s and movement disorders through education and research. This role reports to the Director of Membership and Communications and works closely with all MDS teams and members.The Assistant Director of Communications will oversee and supervise all aspects of MDS marketing, social media, and communication services.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (37.5 hours/week)
- Provide general oversight and direction for Society communications, MDS website and social media;
- Manage, in consultation with the newsletter editor and editorial board, the development, publication and distribution of the MDS newsletter;
- Function as staff liaison to related committees, task forces and sections, as needed;
- Manage development and delivery of monthly Society and quarterly regional electronic newsletters;
- Oversee planning and execution of marketing initiatives related to MDS education and regional activities;
- Manage media/press relations and draft press releases for all MDS activities, including but not limited to the International Congress, Regional Congresses, MDS Publications, etc.;
- Oversee Society branding and promotion at various meetings and outlets;
- Communicate with related organizations, government agencies, printing and mailing vendors, as needed;
- Oversee aintenance of department inventory including promotional items, letterhead, and referencematerials in fulfillment and permanent storage;
- Collaborate with Director of Communications and Membership to plan and execute Society marketing initiatives and strategic plan items;
- Oversee Communications Managers in planning and execution of Society membership marketing and social media initiatives;
- Oversee operations related to marketing automation software and make recommendations for best practices related to email communications;
- Work with the MDS Scientific Communications Team to establish annual content strategy, as well as monthly content plans for social media;
- Develop and implement innovative strategies and content for all MDS Social Media channels to promote MDS initiatives and programs and provide ongoing analysis and reporting of efforts;
- Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED:
- 2-4 weeks per year, and may include some international travel.
- Some early morning/evening andweekend work required.