The Archdiocese of Milwaukee, ignites, renews, and energizes Catholics throughout 10 counties of southeastern Wisconsin, and covers 4,758 square miles and includes the following counties - Dodge, Fond du Lac, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha.
With over 20 offices, 193 parishes and 107 schools, no day is really the same. The opportunity to help and assist Catholics throughout the 10 counties of southeastern Wisconsin is a constant. The ability to help others with your communications expertise will be priceless. We are looking for a special individual who is creative, likes to write and has new ideas -- who can execute solo, as well as work together with a team to organize multiple projects from start to finish. We are looking for a relationship-builder who likes to learn, someone who is willing to work occasional nights and weekends, and who is always searching for better ways and bigger ideas. A hunger for the power of communications, and a passion for the mission. Is it you?
The Associate Communication Director provides oversight and implementation of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee’s multi-channel communication strategy including content of the Catholic Herald newspaper, archdiocesan website, social media, video and print materials as well as media relations. Reporting to the Communication Director, the Associate Director collaborates with central office team members and manages communications efforts for archdiocesan programs and initiatives.
- Coordinate and execute social media strategy, monitoring and analytics, building an engaged social media audience.
- Oversee content of the Catholic Herald newspaper.
- Provide website content management including collaboration with information systems, communication office team members and/or outside vendors to execute website strategies.
- Provide assistance, as needed, with other archdiocesan websites.
- Manage media relations and develop contacts with media members.
- Prepare and coordinate digital, video, audio and print content.
- Maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions.
The Archdiocese of Milwaukee provides a full-scope of employment benefits. The position is a full-time, salaried position working in-person at the Archdiocese of Milwaukee Pastoral Center. Occasional weekend and evening assignments and occasional travel throughout the archdiocese are involved.