Christopher House is searching for an Associate Director of Communications looking to grow professionally in the field of communications and development. Candidates must possess an interest for non-profit communications, marketing, graphic design, and website optimization.
With a mission to develop independent, creative, lifelong learners, our infant, preschool, elementary and family schools build a community of students, teachers, and parents committed to excellence, achievement and perseverance, respect and compassion, and equality of opportunity.
Christopher House partners with parents to provide a continuum of education for students from birth through high school, as well as immersive family supports that help parents create stable, self-sufficient families. We operate accredited early learning, elementary, and out of school time programs grounded in research-based curricula and high-quality instruction.
Children and families thrive when:
- Education begins at birth and continues throughout life, with parents as a child’s first teacher;
- Home environments nurture literacy, achievement, and children’s success;
- Parents have high standards and set high expectations for themselves, their children, and children’s schools;
- Professionally trained teachers know their students as individuals;
- Evaluations and program improvements are data driven;
- Parents and staff work together to continuously evaluate and improve programming;
- Education includes the development of creativity and perseverance and is multi-disciplinary in order to foster each child’s unique strengths and interests;
- Developing independent, creative, life-long researchers, education must include curriculum designed to help scholars develop socially and emotionally as well as cognitively;
- Diversity is celebrated and explored so that learners develop broad perspectives on life and learning; and
- Parents and caregivers support their children financially and emotionally.
The Associate Director of Communications develops and executes the annual communication plan in order to best convey the Christopher House mission and increase visibility for the agency with external stakeholders. The Associate Director of Communications is a crucial member of the External Affairs team, responsible for assisting in the growth of organizational revenue.
The Associate Director of Communications reports to the Director of External Affairs and manages the Development Communications Associate.
Supervises: Development Communications Associate