On the day Fallon opened its doors without a single client, it did so under the headline, “A new advertising agency for companies that would rather outsmart the competition than outspend them.” More than 40 years later, and this mantra is unwavering. We are a creatively-led agency who pinned our public reputation on our commitment to smarts. Smart brands create something of value in the world. Smart brands add to peoples’ lives and to culture; they help build ideas in the world, and they leave something behind. See fallon.com for more information and examples of our work.
Fallon strives to ensure diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences are represented—and that everyone feels seen, heard, and has a sense of belonging. Whether that be through recruiting and retaining diverse talent, creating a dialogue around systemic issues and obstacles for diverse individuals, or ensuring our work reflects diverse perspectives, our efforts focus on enacting change through acknowledgment, education, accountability, action, and celebration.
The Associate Media Director leads the media team in the development and execution of media plans for a diverse portfolio of clients. The Associate Media Director must be an intuitive, independent thinker and unflinching team mentor. The position places equal emphasis on creative solutions to media challenges and in-depth media knowledge and executional rigor. As a full-service agency, we prioritize diverse, unique experience, and above all creativity.
This role will be a leader on the digital side of the business. They should have a fluency across the media landscape both in traditional (TV, Radio, Print, OOH) and digital (SEO/SEM, programmatic, paid social, and paid search) media channels. This individual should be able to bring experience in reporting, measurement, and have a strong grasp of how to leverage analytics as part of a media recommendation. This person is also expected to be able to lead the day-to-day workings of the account.
QUALIFICATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position requires prior 7+ years’ experience in a managerial media planning role, with complete fluency across all media vehicles (television, radio, digital, print, out of home, etc.).
- Develop and execute creative multi-channel media solutions based on client needs
- Steward the execution of plans, goals, and budgets
- Support media strategy development
- QA in platform and review team channel recommendations
- Oversee trafficking and tagging planning and implementation across all applicable channels
- Manage day-to-day client requests
- Oversee the design, build, and implementation of measurement plans and reported learnings
- Oversee campaign execution from buying to campaign reporting
- Build and analyze target audience using syndicated tools and in platform
- Maintain agency relationship with senior clients and outside vendors to foster development and execution of media plans
- Work with Supervisor and GMD to identify Publicis Groupe solutions and opportunities within the media plan
- Facilitate cross department communication for full-service business
- Collaborate with internal agency teams, including creatives Lead communication with clients and outside vendors to facilitate development and execution of media plans
- Lead internal brainstorm sessions in the strategic development process
- Create buyable “big ideas” that align with client objectives
- Possess a strong comprehension of clients’ business objectives
- Oversee the developing, writing, presentation, and execution of media strategy and tactical plans
- Proactively address process and communications issues and impediments
- Participate in agency-wide strategic initiatives and new business pitches
- Manage, train and mentor junior team members
- Responsible for coaching, guidance, leadership, and performance management of all direct reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Keynote
- Proficiency in media-related planning tools (e.g., Comscore, Nielsen, Vivvix, Pathmatics, etc.)
- Experienced user of social and audience planning tools (e.g. Facebook Insights, MRI-Simmons, Comscore, Google Ads)
- Experienced user of public relations, social listening and/or analytics platforms (e.g., Muckrack, Brandwatch, NetBase, Facebook Insights)
- Experienced user of social media publishing platforms (Khoros, Sprinklr, TweetDeck, etc.)