About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Who We Are:
Digital Experience Solutions is a multidisciplinary design, development and research team dedicated to delivering innovative, differentiated and exceptional experiences to Northern Trust’s clients and employees. Digital Experience Solutions is committed to growing and supporting a diverse team, with a collaborative environment that provides educational and career growth opportunities.
As a Product Design Lead, you will manage a team of product designers translate client, partner and business needs into exceptional digital experiences across devices.
Your Knowledge and Skills:
As a Digital Designer, you must have experience with at least some, but not all, of the following:
- Education in design or related field, or equivalent experience
- Design thinking and UI/UX best practices, as demonstrated in a work portfolio
- Experience managing design teams and working closely with business stakeholders and/or product owners
- Ability to recognize, predict and incorporate use cases and user interactions in design
- Understanding of information design/architecture, gestalt principles and user psychology
- Proficiency in creating production-ready UI designs.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, preferably in an agile environment
The following nice-to-haves represent just a few of the other experiences that may be relevant to this position:
- Experience creating and implementing accessible (WCAG 2.1) designs
- Experience using or building design systems
- Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, as well as a sensitivity to typography, color, layout and a general awareness of materials/textures
- Usability testing