This position leads and executes brand strategy and marketing tactics for Cannon to successfully increase profitability and brand effectiveness based on consumer intimacy and consumer segmentation needs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to managing marketing plans and campaigns, communication strategy and materials, advertising, public relations, digital, social media, consumer intimacy/research, consumer segmentation, product packaging, promotional and point of purchasing marketing. In addition, this position will be responsible for work related to researching, identifying and presenting new growth segments for the Fishing group.
- Partners closely with senior brand leadership, and provides input into the development of brand strategy. Leads and executes brand initiatives to grow brand equity and brand identity in the market and ultimately enhance the consumer experience and loyalty.
- Strengthens brand equity by developing, leading, and executing comprehensive and fully integrated marketing programs that address targeted consumer segment needs.
- Serves on a cross-functional team consisting of product development, engineering/R&D, sales and operations to create innovation strategies and briefs, platforms and new product segments based on consumer insight and market research.
- Performs initial business case development, consumer positioning and alignment to demand space. Manages product packaging, design and communication briefs.
- Owns, leads and executes the marketing communication strategy and plan which includes but is not limited to marketing campaigns, graphics, photography, print/TV, advertising, video, packaging, point-of-sale, product catalogs, social media, digital, CRM/DDM and public relations.
- Manages brand representation through field promotions such as tournament sponsorships, show participation, events, ambassadors and other grass root initiatives.
- Develops, directs and interprets trade and consumer market research studies to identify trends, market opportunities, and new growth segments for Fishing.
- Manages and drives marketing insights/analytics, which includes the following areas: consumer insights, competitive analysis, market/penetration opportunities, market best practice, shopper and purchase path analysis, sales trends, potential implications and product range gaps. Leads projects and work plans using internal and external resources.
- Evaluates brand and marketing strategy ROI and effectiveness using KPI (key performance Indicator) analysis, metric targets, reporting, testing and tracking, dashboards and related key reporting.
- Collaborates with sales teams on the planning and implementing of sales programs and activities as necessary to support the sales team, develop sales tools, attend major shows/customer presentations and present new products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.