ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Initiates, recommends and secures management/interdepartmental agreements to marketing strategies, plans and budgets, including (but not limitedto):
- New products (including ideation, concept development and testing, formula/package development, graphic design, selling story development, etc.)
- Cost savings
- Package changes
- Ad strategy/copy development
- Media planning and stewardship
- Product changes
2. Ensures timely and high-quality execution of plans in all areas outlined above and makes appropriate plan changes as dictated by ongoing businessconditions.
3. Proposes, tests, and evaluates new strategic and tactical approaches to all areas of the marketing/product developmentmix.
4. Maintains processes to continuously develop new product ideas and leads research and system evaluation of new ideas to determine their consumer, trade, financial, and operations viability.
5. Maintains and manages specific activities of advertising/media agencies and oversees public relations brand campaigns.
6. Leads annual brand planning and budgeting efforts.
7. Positively motivates and clearly communicates to all departments and appropriate agencies to ensure agreement and timely/high quality execution of new initiatives.
8. Provides ongoing data-driven analysis and definition of key opportunities for maximizing volume and profit potential for assigned brands and ensures consistent pursuit of these objectives.
9. Assists Sales in developing brands’ general merchandising strategies, financial guidelines, etc. on a data-driven basis.
10. Exercises administrative control over personnel assigned to him/her (i.e. interviewing, training, departmental orientation, salary reviews, performance appraisals, etc.) in conjunction with the Vice-President, Marketing.
11. Through individual guidance, mentors and coaches brand personnel to succeed and grow in their positions, develop their skills and future potential, maintain a high level of knowledge in the marketing industry, and understand/adhere to established Company policies, procedures, philosophies, and business practices.
12. Orients new employees from other disciplines on Marketing, product line and promotional issues related to assigned brands.
13. Identifies, recommends and contributes to systems and process changes that will improve productivity, capability, cooperation, and/or morale of own department and other disciplines.
14. Takes affirmative action in all conditions of employment to ensure that equal opportunity efforts and results are consistent with Company policies and procedures.
15. Strengthens the Marketing Department by contributing innovative ideas, expertise, knowledge, high professional standards, Team spirit, and pride in the Company.