Central Life Sciences (CLS) is a strategic business unit of Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT & CENTA), that is dedicated to delivering insect management solutions to a wide array of Business to Business markets. Our Agricultural Division is seeking a Brand Manager to oversee the Starbar brand of products. Core product categories include insecticidal baits and non-insecticidal traps.
The Brand Manager is a key contributor to the overall marketing team, responsible for defining and building the sales strategy for the assigned brand portfolio. They will have P&L responsibility and be tasked to develop annual brand plans and assure successful implementation of strategies and tactics to achieve divisional business results.
The position will be located in Schaumburg, IL and will report to the Vice President of Marketing – Professional Brands.
Please visit our websites at www.central.com, www.centrallifesciences.com and www.starbarproducts.com for additional company information.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, preferably in marketing
- Must have at least 5 years of Marketing or brand management experience
- Experience managing a P&L and understanding ways to improve the business profitability
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional project management skills and experience leading cross-functional teams
- Must be creative and possess excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficient in analyzing/leveraging Sales and Financial data and persuasively presenting findings
- Experience presenting to management and sales organizations
- Self-motivator able to deliver satisfactory work under limited supervision
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Periodic travel will be required (approximately 30%)
This position is based in a quiet, professional (but not stuffy!), corporate office environment. We wear jeans on Fridays and host celebratory activities throughout the year! Our office is located within the Schaumburg Corporate Center, which offers many amenities including an on-site fitness center, convenience center, deli-style restaurant, dry cleaners, hair salon, and covered parking.