Founded in 1908, Kahler Slater began as a regional provider of design services and has grown to become a global, award-winning firm. Today, the firm partners with clients to enrich life and achieve powerful results through architecture, interior design and environmental branding. We focus on serving health care, higher education, corporate, hotel, living environments, sports and fitness markets.
Work is performed in a pleasant, professional, creative, open office environment, with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines. Out of town travel is possible but expected to be minimal.
Kahler Slater’s Healthcare Practice is in the midst of one of the most profound evolutionary changes in our firm’s 112-year history. We are setting a course to be a disruptive innovator in reshaping healthcare through idea-to-occupancy design solutions that deliver powerful results to our clients and the communities they serve. Our Healthcare Practice defines what it means to be interdisciplinary and to approach our clients’ challenges from a strategic, architectural, experiential, operational, and digital perspective. The Kahler Slater difference is rooted in a world-class team of design professionals and a proven process that our clients tell us sets us apart from the competition. As we chart this bold new course toward the future, we are seeking to add business development talent to support our growth objectives.
Working Relationship and Scope
- Position location is negotiable with preference for proximity to one of Kahler Slater’s physical offices
- Reports to Healthcare Practice leadership with expectation for development of a collaborative, close working relationship with Executive Vice President who oversees firm Marketing, New Business Development and brand positioning
- Works closely and collaboratively with all members of the Healthcare Practice and the firm’s marketing and graphic design team
The Business Development Leader for the Healthcare Practice will be responsible for developing client relationships that convert into new business opportunities.This BD Leader will collaborate with Healthcare Practice Leaders, client engagement leaders and marketing teams, as well as partner with teams from other Kahler Slater markets in support of cross-market opportunities.This role is responsible for raising the profile of Kahler Slater’s Healthcare Practice, helping to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain personal connections in the healthcare, architecture, design, engineering and construction industries to facilitate lead generation, establishment of trusted advisory relationships and to qualify potential opportunities
- Generate opportunities and revenue through both direct and partnered business development activities
- Maintain strong relationships with all client purchasing influencers and decision makers
- Present independently, and in partnership with other members of the Healthcare Practice, using both standard material and / or developing customized material that might be required when meeting with existing and potential clients
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the healthcare, architecture and design industries, including business trends and competitive landscape for each
- Develop and implement practice-centric business development strategies, plans and budgets with Healthcare Practice leadership that are consistent with the firm’s strategic initiatives and business plans
- Support individual and group client engagement leaders’ business development efforts by identifying potential leads, collecting and sharing market and industry intelligence, representing the Healthcare Practice at relevant networking events, tracking business development activity, and identifying professional and trade associations with which the Healthcare Practice and / or larger firm might affiliate
- Collaborate with client engagement leaders and the marketing team to: execute business development activities and plans, create practice area or industry specific collateral and content, develop campaigns and events, prepare RFI / RFQ / RFP responses and proposals and create presentations
- Monitor, analyze and develop insights from market trends, client data and lead generation activities and share these with Healthcare Practice leaders and other team members to inform responsive marketing and prospecting strategies
- Produce an activity report on a monthly basis and provide relevant and critical information / documentation in timely manner
- Provide feedback to Healthcare Practice leadership to improve the success of sales, solutions, pricing and go-to-market strategies
- Mentor business development and client engagement leaders as well as marketing staff