Summary of Cornerstone:
Cornerstone is a $5.5 million organization that provides comprehensive services for individuals and families in the greater Twin Cities metropolitan area who are experiencing or have experienced domestic violence, sexual violence, human trafficking or general crime. Our offices are located in Bloomington, Brooklyn Center and Minneapolis. Learn more at www.cornerstonemn.org.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments, programs, and worksites. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Health care, paid time off, 12 paid holidays which includes employee birthday, retirement savings with up to 4% match after 1 year, basic life insurance free to employees, long term disability free to employees.
Cornerstone strives for a fully inclusive work environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran, disability, age, marital or, familial, and/or with regard to public assistance or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Communications and Events Coordinator tells Cornerstone’s story in engaging and compelling ways. This position is an integral member of the Development Team, which is responsible for the implementation of a strategic work plan to achieve Cornerstone’s annual fundraising goal. The Communications and Events Coordinator is responsible for fundraising and outreach events and for Cornerstone’s overall communications strategy, including web content and maintenance, marketing and print newsletters, social media, and oversight/management of Cornerstone’s print marketing materials.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of two years of experience in communications
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, graphic design (Adobe Adobe Creative Suite preferred), website management (Wordpress preferred), email marketing (Constant Contact preferred), video production, and event planning
This position allows a flexible work schedule which varies based on events, meetings and program needs. The position allows for some remote work, but there will be a substantial number of in-person events and meetings (both internal and external) that will be required for this role. Some events and meetings may be in the evenings or on the weekend.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY SKILL SETS:
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills, including being a skilled storyteller.
- Have a passion for Cornerstone’s mission and the ability to communicate the organization’s mission and vision effectively
- Demonstrate the ability to forge and maintain relationships critical to the agency’s future
- Independent and self-motivated with strong planning and project management skills, including demonstrated ability to meet deadlines