Broad Description of Duties:
The Communications & Media Relations Specialist will be responsible to help create and promote the corporate identity and mission to customers, the public, community partners and employees through the creation and distribution of brochures, news releases, and other documents.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing & Studio Relations.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Plans, prepares, and distributes original content such as articles, press releases, media advisories, email, and social media posts, and other updates on behalf of the organization;
- Develops talking points and scripts for speaking and interview opportunities;
- Collaborates with marketing director to establish communication strategy and priorities;
- Builds relationships with the media and is confident with regular outreach;
- Coordinates interview opportunities and manages requests from the media;
- Monitors media coverage and helps to create new story ideas;
- Provides support with issues management and crisis situations
- Ensures that all materials present a clear, unified, and positive image for the organization and/or brand;
- Attends special events and functions;
- promotes and reports on corporate milestones and activities such as company goals and projects; new products or services; and community service activities;
- Assesses community needs to identify, grow and execute opportunities that support Marcus Theatres’ brand, niche and diversity-marketing initiative;
- Assists with event planning and execution, community outreach efforts and special projects such as Hollywood Movie Night, CineLatino and additional requests;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing & Studio Relations.
*The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.