The Communications Assistant will work closely with the Marketing Specialist, Director of Marketing, and Creative Specialist to help write material, manage information, track media hits, and build the Peck School of the Arts’ social media platform to increase visibility for the school among prospective and current students and the community at large while also performing general office and event management support. The Communications Assistant will need to be a creative writer and a team player who is passionate about social media and eager to keep the school at the forefront of new social media trends.
This position will be responsible for:
- Working with the Director of Marketing, Marketing Specialist and other Peck School external relations staff, the Communications Assistant will manage, implement and maintain all social media campaigns for School, including Face book pages, Twitter posts, YouTube, Peck School News Blog;
- Collaborate with team members and departments to ensure community and social media initiatives coordinate with and complement other strategies and utilize resources efficiently to maintain and build presence;
- Help build social network to allow for real-time marketing to current and prospective students, patrons, alumni and followers and to foster ongoing engagement, connection and outreach with online audiences.
Website and online content management:
- Update and help monitor the school’s website content on a regular basis, including all the main pages and news blog;
- Manage/update all online calendars.
Email marketing and list management:
- Working with the Marketing Specialist, implement email marketing efforts, including weekly and monthly e-blasts, event-specific campaigns, and other announcements using Constant Contact system;
- Manage email marketing back-end and list management;
- Uncover and implement ways to grow list.
Graphic design assistance:
- Under direction of the Creative Specialist, create web pages following CMS system and brand guidelines;
- Design print materials as needed.
Measurement reporting and management:
- Working with marketing and external relations team, track online marketing efforts to identify successes and/or areas to improve, (i.e. Google Analytics);
- Create regular reports related to marketing efforts.