Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals—including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital—serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview’s 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Fairview Health Services is seeking a Communications Specialist that has a passion for public relations and creating meaningful content to build our brand and protect our reputation.
Successful candidates are avid learners, possess strong writing and editing skills for a variety of media, have basic photography and video experience, are comfortable interacting a variety of people, enjoy event coordination, have the ability to manage numerous projects at once, are passionate about capturing and sharing the brand experience, and are able to take work direction and feedback from multiple sources. This role has an external focus, and the Communications Associate must be comfortable working with reporters and meeting deadlines.
Communications Associates help execute a wide variety of tactics, including web content, news releases, social media, events, presentations, videos and interactive media. They also coordinate and assist in the exceptional execution of communication tactics that build lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The Communications Associate also coordinates events and media requests and assists with tracking of outcomes data.
Media relations acumen.
- Develops and maintains relationships with media contacts
- Receives and responds to calls from the media
- Writes and pitches reporters on story ideas
- Monitors media coverage
Create communications that achieve results.
- Produce content for electronic and print publication
- Create and update web content
- Write news releases
- Coordinate Employee Forums, Leader Rounding, community events and other high-touch communication tactics
- Monitor effectiveness of all communication tactics and adjust approaches as needed
- Develop and foster partnerships with colleagues
Gain insight of stakeholders, issues, communication trends and environmental considerations.
- Understand core organizational strategies and business needs as well as owned and partner brands
- Understand core audiences and channels
- Gather appropriate data and information from disparate sources
Develop communication strategies, leveraging key insights and functional expertise.
- Identify communication tactics for specific groups or initiatives
- Use consistent processes, templates and tools to execute plans