Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals—including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital—serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview’s 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
The Communications Associate provides logistical and coordination support to the function and assists in the exceptional execution of communication tactics that build lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders that advance our mission of healing, discovery and education. Communications Associates help execute a wide variety of tactics, including web content, electronic newsletters, news releases, print newsletters, employee, physician and community events, presentations, videos and interactive media. The Communications Associate also coordinates events and assists with tracking of outcomes data. The Communications Associate must be an avid learner, possess strong writing and editing skills for a variety of media, have basic photography and video experience, be comfortable interacting with individuals in diverse roles and many locations, enjoy event coordination, be passionate about capturing and sharing the brand experience, and be able to take work direction and feedback from multiple sources. The Communications Associate works in collaboration with a variety of partners in communications, marketing, creative services and others across the organization.
Gain insight of stakeholders, issues, communication trends and environmental considerations.
- Understand core organizational strategies and business needs as well as owned and partner brands
- Understand core audiences and channels
- Gather appropriate data and information from disparate sources
Develop communication strategies, leveraging key insights and functional expertise.
- Identify communication tactics for specific groups or initiatives
- Use consistent processes, templates and tools to execute plans
Create communications that achieve results.
- Produce content for electronic and print publication
- Create and update web content
- Coordinate Leader Rounding, community events and other high- touch communication tactics
- Monitor effectiveness of all communication tactics and adjust approaches as needed
- Develop and foster partnerships with colleagues
Evaluate communication performance (effectiveness and efficiency).
- Measure desired outcomes
- Assist with tracking of outcomes data for communications functions
- Apply learnings to planning process