WHO WE ARE:
Second Harvest Heartland believes no one should ever go hungry, as our region produces more than enough food for everyone. Helping hungry neighbors find their next meal—so they can thrive at work, in the classroom and in their communities—is what drives Second Harvest Heartland, its partners and supporters. Beyond feeding hungry neighbors, Second Harvest Heartland believes in the importance of our work to help sustain our environment.
Second Harvest Heartland was created on October 1, 2001, when Second Harvest Greater Minneapolis and Second Harvest St. Paul joined forces to bring together more than 44 years of combined history and experience to the fight against hunger.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
By enabling Second Harvest Heartland to effectively tell its story, the Communications Coordinator contributes to the organization’s innovation, creativity and continuous improvement. In performing assigned duties and responsibilities, the Communications Coordinator demonstrates the organization’s vision and values: we’re all in this together; we deliver; we innovate; we lead with our hearts; and we believe differences make us stronger.
- Support the content strategist in executing deliverables for integrated marketing and communications solutions
- Act as a designer and production manager for marketing and communications deliverables
- Collaborate with Second Harvest Heartland departments to develop and design materials for various campaigns ensuring that brand guidelines are followed
- Support management of vendor bid processes and quality assurance as necessary
- Create and manage project plans for key internal events and meetings
- Create and route for approval messaging guides for issues and program topics
- Create and edit video
- Media tracking
- Creative asset management
- Provide marketing and project support for externally facing events and meetings
- Support the team’s editorial production calendar and ensure deadlines are met
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with SHH’s mission, vision, and values daily.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Ability to build strong, constructive relationships with a diverse range of individual and organizational partners, where common goals can be discovered, jointly shared and owned for maximum impact.
- Demonstrate the ability to support the work of others. A high level of understanding and respect for the urgency and needs of others. Ability to see how actions impact others. Willingness to put the needs of internal and external customers first.
- Support innovation with an openness to new ideas, learning from others and flexibility to support change as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues or areas of improvement and the willingness to address them.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal information of employees, clients, donors and others.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and positive attitude.