The Boys' & Girls' Brigade is a 501(c)(3) youth organization serving boys and girls in grades 5-12 in the Fox Cities. Since 1900, the Brigade has provided a community center for youth to develop leadership skills, explore new ideas, foster relationships with peers and adult mentors, and challenge themselves to achieve their goals and dreams.
In addition to our Building Leaders program offered from October-April in Neenah, Wisconsin, we also host camps at Onaway Island, a six-acre island located on the beautiful Chain O'Lakes in Waupaca, Wisconsin. We invite to you to explore the possibilities of becoming a Brigader!
Reporting to and in partnership with the Director of Development, the Communications Coordinator will be the nexus for virtually all written and digital communications.
To develop and provide support with the creation and effective delivery of tactics relative to marketing, social media, public relations and events.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively maintain Brigade website
- Manage social media presence (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn) as well as research emerging platforms
- Coordinate, design, and send mass emails to selected audiences
- Write and create digital and print marketing materials
- Develop and maintain Constant Contact database
- Develop bi-monthly digital newsletters (6 per year)
- Create award books and member handbook with program leaders
- Create and effectively maintain a monthly calendar
- Create bi-annual program guides for direct mail
- Oversee printing of most materials
- Support the planning and execution of organizational events
- Create the design and collaborate with DoD for distribution of annual fundraising campaigns; to include digital and direct mail
- Actively collect & maintain good organization of Google Folder containing photos, videos and testimonials
- Serve as point of contact for media relations efforts
This document describes the general nature and level of work performed by staff assigned to this job classification–it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Within 6 months of employment, employee will:
- Become first aid and CPR certified