Intern candidates must have interest in the communications/public relations field and possess good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others.
The Intern is responsible for assisting with implementing and monitoring projects under the direction of the supervisor. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of the communications team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting communications materials and content including but not limited to media pitches, press releases, media alerts, social media copy and short remarks for leadership engagements.
- Promoting positive news stories to key stakeholders.
- Compiling resources for ADA spokespersons and media trainings.
- Compiling media reports and researching journalists and media outlets and industry organizations as appropriate
- Creation and maintenance of media contact lists.
- Tracking leadership speaking engagements.
- Participation in team brainstorms and meetings.