Basic responsibilities may include:
- Develop an understanding of the important role of communications in the rapidly evolving business landscape, financial services industry and working remotely and communicating during COVID-19
- Write, research, fact check, proof, and manage drafts with business partners
- Draft talking points and key messages for senior leaders, financial representatives, and other company spokespeople
- Plan and manage events including in-person and virtual large-scale meetings
- Program content using SharePoint online, email software and content management systems
- Collect and analyze data, working with Excel, Power BI and PowerPoint using data to provide insights to guide communications
- Create multi-media presentations including video/audio recording and editing through Adobe Premiere or Audition
- Support other home office and field channels, including audio/video centers.
Additional responsibilities of each area are as follows:
Strategic Communications: Advance your research, interviewing, writing, networking and organizational skills in the fast-paced, deadline-oriented, environment. Work hands on with multiple team members to sharpen your editorial skills, write stories for publication. Publish content across a variety of channels including news, email, SharePoint and video channels and provide strategic support for various communication channel deliverables. Employ your data analysis skills using Excel and Power BI to measure the effectiveness of communication campaigns and channels to inform communication planning and decision making.
Investment Communications: Enhance your writing, communication planning and project management skills as part of a fast-paced team. You will specifically support internal and external communications for our investment products and services including producing economic and market commentary authored by Northwestern Mutual’s chief investment strategist and other investment team members. (IPS) function. Work with multiple team members to sharpen your editorial skills, write stories for publication, provide added support for a wide range of projects, and even help plan and execute events.
Public and Media Relations: Drive brand awareness and advance your research, interviewing, writing, networking and organizational skills in the fast-paced, deadline-oriented, relationship-based environment. Work with multiple team members to sharpen your research and editorial skills, write stories, produce news releases, pitch to national and local media pitching outlets and provide administrative support for various electronic and print media channels. Develop an understanding of the important role of communications in the rapidly evolving financial industry.