For a lot of people, 2020 was full of challenges and adventures. It was a year during which we had to be creative and find solutions as we established our “new normal.” 2020 was a lot of things, but without a doubt, it will be a year that will be read about in history books for decades to come.
To be considered for the 2021 Barkin McKeithan Scholarship program, we want to know — what would you put into a time capsule to tell future generations about the “unprecedented” year known as 2020? Submit an original entry piece demonstrating your creativity and professional potential. No need to write a novel or make a documentary! Just be sure to include at least one element that ties your creative time capsule to Milwaukee.
Entry examples could include:
- A media montage
- A diary, journal, scrapbook or vlog
- An ad campaign w/ creative
- A poem
- A “TED Talk”
- An original Instagram page or Twitter account
- The possibilities are endless!
In addition to your entry, please include your resume and a one-page cover letter that includes your name, the title of your creative project and a brief description, as well as a brief explanation as to why you would be a good addition to the Mueller team. Letters of recommendation are encouraged but not required.
You must also meet these requirements:
- Enrolled as a full-time student at a Wisconsin college or university, or be from Wisconsin if you’re enrolled out of state
- Entering senior year in the fall of 2021
- Must be available to participate in the Mueller Communications full-time internship program in Milwaukee during the summer of 2021
Completed applications are due Monday, March 29, 2021. Please send your creative submission to HR@muellercommunications.com. If your entry requires a physical hard copy submission, please email us to determine the best way to deliver your project.
More information is available here: https://forms.gle/SMwVAKeqiZ6ypDA58