A. Internal Relationships with: Office of the President, Seminary Relations, Human Resources, Student Affairs, Board of Directors, and Marketing Communications division which includes Augsburg University Director of PR, Communications Specialist, and Vice President of Marketing & Communications.
B. External relationships with: consultants, pastors and alumni, bishops and synod staff members.
IV. JOB SPECIFICATION
Commitment to Luther Seminary’s Mission, Vision, Values and Welcome.
Desired education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field. Advanced degree in theology preferred but not required
- 5+ years professional communications experience designing and implementing comprehensive, multi-channel communication programs. Professional experience in higher education, nonprofit, or mission-based organizations preferred but not required
- Experience developing, managing, and executing executive communications
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Team player, strategic, growth-oriented, and a communications subject matter expert
- Creativity and ability to persuade and build commitment to vision, mission, and goals of the organization
- Action-oriented and results-driven; able to gather information from multiple sources, including competitors, to propel the organization forward
- Advanced editorial copywriting and editing skills
- Able to multitask, managing projects from inception through delivery with little oversight
- Proven track record of identifying communication-improvement opportunities and acting to improve processes
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America or other mainline Christian organizations