A High-Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Greenleaf Foods, SPC is committed to shaping the future of plant-based foods. Established in 2018, the Company’s portfolio of leading plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife® and Field Roast Grain Meat Co.™. The Company is headquartered in Elmhurst, IL, and is a wholly-owned, independent subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods Inc, the largest protein company in Canada, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward-looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we advance our strategic agenda in the plant protein space, remaining agile and quick to react to change. Our focus on growth is laser-like, riding the fast-growing plant-based protein movement.
Our Job Is Making Great Food
Greenleaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 400+ employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
We’re looking for a passionate, knowledgeable and motivated Communications Manager to join our fast-growing marketing team. The Communications Manager will manage our strategy and execution across earned media and corporate communications for our company and its portfolio of brands. You’ll also develop thought leadership initiatives, support internal communications, and partner closely with our internal and external partners to amplify awareness of our company and brands. You will embody our company values, foster coverage and conversation, bring our message to new audiences, and ensure our share of voice is rising in our highly-competitive category. We are shaping of the future of plant-base foods and we want you to be part of our journey.
Reports to: Director, Digital Marketing & Media
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
- Manage external PR agency day-to-day, keep them accountable to KPIs, and help ideate and implement short- and long-term media plans for our company and brands
- Work with PR agency to coordinate all media interviews, including managing schedules, developing briefing sheets, and prepping spokespeople
- Spearhead press release development, approval, and distribution with PR agency
- Maintain all press kits and pressrooms for our company and brands
- Aid in the creation and management of external corporate communication materials including corporate fact sheets, key messages, and Q&As
- Manage public relations strategy and execution for consumer and trade events, including trade shows, to leverage and maximize brand awareness
- Research and implement creative storytelling initiatives to expand and tell our story (corporate and brand) to various audiences and amplify key milestones across channels, including via earned media and partnerships
- Assist with responding to issues of corporate concern via traditional, digital and social media, including drafting key messages and consumer responses
- Oversee and maintain up-to-date corporate platforms, including corporate website and LinkedIn page
Speaking Engagements + Thought Leadership:
- Manage speaking engagements for company spokespeople; ensure Greenleaf Foods is present at relevant and approved summits/conferences.
- Ability to create speeches and presentations for media tours or thought leadership presentations/keynotes
Measurement + Reporting:
- Circulate daily/weekly/monthly coverage reports with internal stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with various teams to design and execute the public relations and corporate communications plans
Crisis & Emergency Communications:
- Ability to prepare for, react to and create humanized messaging for crises
Other Duties include:
- Working with external vendors; managing project timelines and budgets.