Our Core Values Are: Respect. Diversity & Inclusion. Leadership & Accountability. Courage. Integrity.
Full-time (40 hours)
Sojourner Family Peace Center (SFPC) employs dedicated, hardworking professionals who want to be of service to others and make a difference in Milwaukee and surrounding communities. If you have a desire to help support survivors and work with passionate colleagues, whose personal and professional experience is as diverse as the clients we serve, this may be the position for you.
The Communications Manager is a member of the Development team who develops communications strategies coordinated with the fundraising plan, oversees the agency’s external communications, and provides media relations support to the CEO and leadership team.
How will your days be spent? (Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Writing all fundraising materials, including individualized major donor proposals, segmented direct response appeals, program descriptions and other collateral that supports fundraising strategies.
- Creating messaging and programmatic focus, written and spoken content for donor events and facility tours.
- Creating and maintaining story bank narratives of mission-centric, timely survivor stories and program impact.
- Ensuring that messaging and language in all outgoing fundraising communications aligns with the agency’s case for support, style guide and branding.
- Serving as media contact, to include building relationships with media outlets, proactively seeking opportunities for media coverage of Sojourner’s work, and writing and distributing press releases.
- Designing and writing external marketing and external communications collateral in collaboration with agency subject matter experts.
- Developing and implementing Sojourner’s digital marketing and social media strategy.
- Advising and supporting President/CEO and leadership team on employee and external communications.