Fairview Health Services is Minnesota’s choice for healthcare. We’re an industry-leading, award-winning, nonprofit offering a full network of healthcare services. Our broad network is designed to be ready for our patients’ every need, while delivering quality care with compassion.
Our care portfolio includes community hospitals, academic hospitals, primary and specialty care clinics, senior facilities, facilitated living centers, rehabilitation centers, home health care services, counseling, pharmacies and benefit management services.
We’re built on a tradition of compassionate care. This is our home, and our patients are our neighbors. We’re here to heal, we’re here for you.
We are part of M Health Fairview, an expanded academic health system that represents a collaboration among the University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota Physicians, and Fairview Health Services. The partnership combines the university’s deep history of clinical innovation and training with Fairview’s extensive roots in community medicine.
Together, we’re expanding access to world-class, patient-centered care through our 10 hospitals, 60 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, pharmacies, home care, hospice, and medical transportation service.
Fairview also operates the Ebenezer senior living communities and offers Employer Solutions such as EAP and pharmacy benefit management.
The Communications Specialist ensures outstanding execution of communication tactics that meet specific business needs and netoworking with internal and external partners that advance our mission of healing, discovery and education. At the direction and oversight of other team members, Communications Specialists complete a wide variety of tactics, including web content, electronic newsletters, print newsletters, events, videos and interactive/social media. Communications Specialists possess strong writing and editing skills for a variety of media, have basic photography and video experience, be comfortable interacting with individuals in diverse roles and many locations, enjoy event coordination, be passionate about capturing and sharing the Fairview brand experience, and be able to take work direction and feedback from multiple sources. The Communications Associate works in collaboration with various partners in communications, marketing, creative services and others across the organization.
We find those that exceed in this role exhibit these characteristics:
High standard of creative prioritization skills and priority setting. Shown focus on customer service with every interaction. Excellent public relations and interpersonal skills. Work as a team member to deliver outstanding care. Ability to use appropriate computer applications. Capable of working independently, demonstrate critical thinking skills. Accepting change and encouraging those around you to engage in ongoing process improvement. An understanding of Dignity, Integrity, Service, Courtesy and Innovation. When working at M Health Fairview, we want to support our employees growth, honor their strengths and give them the freedom to feel empowered to make a difference in the lives of others.
Gain insight of stakeholders, issues, communication trends and environmental considerations.
- Understand core organizational strategies and business needs as well as owned and partner brands
- Understand core audiences and channels
- Understand communications standard methodologies
- Understand coordinated roles of communications, marketing, strategy, philanthropy and human resources
- Capture appropriate data and information from disparate sources
Develop strategies for internal/external communications and leverage key insights and functional expertise.
- Identify communication tactics for specific business partner needs or initiatives
- Find opportunities to further employee, physician and community engagement
- Use consistent processes, templates and tools to complete plans
Build communications that achieve results.
- Produce content for electronic and print publication
- Build and update web content
- Coordinate high-touch communication tactics like employee forums, leader rounding, community events
- Assess efficiency of all communication tactics and adjust approaches as needed
- Track expenses and ensure projects are within budget
- Develop and further relationships with colleagues
Evaluate communication performance (effectiveness and efficiency).
- Measure desired outcomes
- Apply learnings to planning process
Organization Expectations, as applicable:
- Fulfills all organizational requirements
- Completes all required learning relevant to the role
- Complies with all relevant laws, regulation and policies
- Other duties as assigned.