Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you'rejoining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don'tjust talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
This team member creates employee communications content; participates in the planning and execution of employee communications programs within the organization; supports senior leaders on their internal communications and message alignment; and provides operational support to the broader function. The incumbent is familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies. Decisions made by this position are less routine and with intermediate risk issues. Challenges include meeting expectations in delivering results, considering alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions, and continuing to build communication skills.
- Creating content for employee communication channels; ensuring that messaging and branding are consistent across all channels.
- Supporting business leaders in the development of internal communication strategies, message alignment, and communications materials (presentations, SharePoint sites, etc.)
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and leaders and advising on the suitability of approaches for communication efforts.
- Developing and distributing communications materials, such as written communications, presentation materials, etc. to deliver key messages.
- Tracking and analyzing metrics to measure the effectiveness of internal communications.
The position generally owns several communications vehicles and manages several non-repeating projects, both internally and externally, through completion. Internal communication outlets utilized could include newsletters, intranet, videos/streaming media, employee meetings, presentations, correspondence, special events, news conferences, cascades, etc.