Who We Are:
Founded in 1874, St. Olaf College is a residential, coeducational liberal arts college with approximately 3,000 students and 800 faculty and staff employees. The college is located on a picturesque 300-acre campus in Northfield, Minnesota, a vibrant, restored, historic river town of 20,000 located 45 minutes south of culturally rich and diverse Minneapolis and St. Paul.
The college offers an academically rigorous, nationally ranked liberal arts education that fosters the development of the whole person in mind, body, and spirit and emphasizes learning in an inclusive and globally engaged community. We encourage applications from candidates committed to multicultural understanding and the enrichment of our diverse community.
The college offers a comprehensive benefits package including a 9% company retirement match, company monthly contributions to a retirement healthcare account, company contributions to eligible employee’s health savings account, significant tuition discount (up to 80% off) at ACM and ELCA colleges and universities for employee’s children, and generous paid time off. For a full review of benefit offerings, see the summary of the benefits program here: https://wp.stolaf.edu/hr/benefits/
To provide a safe and secure educational environment, St. Olaf College verifies the accuracy of all credentials presented by applicants and conducts a criminal background check on every new hire.
What You’ll Do:
You will take the lead on St. Olaf’s email newsletters for students, faculty, staff and alumni andassist with messaging and strategy on internal and external communications. This is a greatopportunity if you are a skilled, confident writer, editor, communicator and collaborator and want to play an important role in the college’s overall communications and public relations operation.
Who You Are:
A qualified candidate will have…
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in communications or related fields
It will be helpful if you also have…
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, marketing and/or related fields
- 5+ years of professional writing and/or editing experience in communications, journalism, marketing or related fields
- Experience with email newsletters
- Experience with WordPress and/or other website platforms
You might be the perfect match if you have…
- Strong organizational, analytical, and copywriting skills.
- Experience writing for publication and/or specific internal audiences.
- A willingness to learn new content production tools.
- Exceptional judgment and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills.
- The ability to think strategically and proactively suggest creative solutions.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The ability to build partnerships and effectively establish and maintain relationships with campus partners.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Please review the job description here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JjwtMTKsLs-n39cvSHBregIp4-fkUiGj/view?usp=sharing
If you like new challenges, have a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a fun, dynamic, and collaborative team, apply to join St. Olaf’s Marketing and Communications team.