Northwestern Mutual is here for what’s most important—helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 160 years. Through a distinctive big-picture approach, including both insurance and investments, we’re helping people navigate life and guide them to their goals today, and in the days to come. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
With $265.0 billion in assets, $28.1 billion in revenues, and more than $1.8 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to more than 4.5 million people who rely on us for life, disability income and long-term care insurance, annuities, brokerage and advisory services, trust services, and discretionary portfolio management solutions. The company holds more than $125 billion of client assets as a part of its wealth management company and investment services.
We are strong supporters of our financial workforce nationwide as well as our home office professionals in Milwaukee, WI. We’re continuing to grow, and we believe diversity makes us stronger as we help shape the future of financial security.
Are you ready for a new and challenging opportunity and to be part of a dynamic and influential communications team? “Come ready to learn the business, collaborate with an influential team and boldly offer communication solutions based on your expertise,” - this is what the Hiring Manager wants from you.
Some things you will love about the company:
- Values – community, engaged, family first, philanthropy, policy holder driven business.
- An entire floor dedicated to exercise equipment and related fitness facilities.
- Relationship-based business (communications are critical) .
- Flexibility of a hybrid working arrangement, with a blend of days working on campus and working remotely.
- Free lunches, yes FREE lunches - at Northwestern Mutual we have professional chefs preparing multiple lunch options every day. Our lunches are about more than delicious food. They are a dedicated time in your day to network and make connections throughout the organization.
What you will love about the role:
- Be part of a recently expanded, collaborative team of strategic communication advisors.
- Showcase your communication planning and storytelling skills.
- Support the company’s multi-year strategy through effective communications.
How you will get it done:
In this role, you will manage and develop communication programs (including communication plans, executive and key partner messaging and presentations and some leader script writing), initiatives, and campaigns that align with Northwestern Mutual's strategic corporate communication priorities. These activities inform, educate, and influence a range of target audiences including the field, employees and key influencers.
- Consults with department heads on department communication strategy. Plans, manages and implements communication programs, projects and initiatives that align employees with department direction and strategic priorities.
- Leads committees and task forces in developing complex communication initiatives that support the department business direction, goals and objectives.
- Acts as a resource and may mentor/train communication specialists.
- May act as liaison with outside communication contractors.
- Administers the measures to evaluate the effectiveness of communication and assess the return on communication investment.
- Recommends, develops, implements and maintains communication standards for department. Assures that quality standards are present in departmental communications.
- Comfortable working independently and proactively offering communication solutions to leaders and the team.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more