The role of the content marketing specialist (CMS) is to support integrated marketing efforts by using strategic insights about our clients’ industries, markets, and target audiences to research and write content across a variety of channels. This will include interviewing and writing on behalf of subject matter experts, developing articles for trade media, website copywriting, press releases, digital ads, email marketing, social media content, and more.
The CMS should have a strong grasp of content marketing and how a content strategy can influence B2B purchase decisions. This is a client-facing position in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and pitch content marketing concepts and campaigns
- Research and write articles of a technical nature
- Support digital marketing and public relations efforts with written content
- Support agency directors in developing marketing strategy, including audits, customer personas, and competitive analysis
- Review content analytics and provide insights to support reporting efforts
- Conduct research with ongoing media monitoring to support content and PR strategies
- Collaborate with team members in the agency on digital marketing initiatives
- Manage and lead large content projects that include design and interactive programming
- Develop and maintain client editorial calendars
- Optimize digital content for both search engines and user experience
- Proof and review various pieces of copy and design