About Lawrence University:
Founded in 1847, Lawrence University (Lawrence) offers its 1,500 students a quality of education that stands out among its peers. The combination of a nationally ranked liberal arts institution and a first-tier conservatory of music ensures that students benefit from challenging academics and quality arts education in a vibrant, welcoming, and supportive residential campus setting. Lawrence has one of the lowest student-faculty ratios in the nation at 8:1, and 60 percent of its courses offer one-on-one teaching. This provides intensive faculty engagement that opens minds and changes lives. Small classes and a four-year residential requirement create a close-knit community where students live, study, and thrive in a climate of shared discovery and enrichment. Lawrence was selected for inclusion in the bookColleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That WillChange the Way You Think About College—engaged learning, the development of multiple interests, and community outreach are central to the Laurentian experience.
As the Coordinator for Alumni Development Communications you will work with the Director of Alumni Development Communications to plan, create, coordinate, implement, and monitor all communications from the Alumni Development department through an integrated multichannel strategy. Your work will contribute to create a compelling Alumni Development communications program to effectively capture the Lawrence story in engaging and broad-reaching ways. This role will support fundraising priorities to support current and future students, steward donors, engage with 20,000+ alumni; all while raising the university’s visibility and reputation as a college and conservatory of international renown.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Solution oriented with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at once.
- Experience in creating and formatting emails, letters, and webpages.
- Proficient computer skills including different social media platforms, Microsoft Office, mail merge, and email marketing platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize workflow and follow through on projects, assignments, and daily responsibilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Creativity, willingness to learn, and a sense of humor
- Positive attitude to contribute to a fun-loving, fast-moving environment.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills i.e., concise, articulate, and confident with the ability to represent the university in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in journalism, marketing, or related field.
- Experience in marketing or communications preferred
- Experience in fundraising and non-profits, and/or working in an office environment helpful, but not required.
- Must have successful completion of criminal record check, driving record check and reference checks.
- Must possess valid Wisconsin driver’s license and ability to meet university driving standards.
We encourage applications from individuals who will help us create a more inclusive Lawrence by: 1) further diversifying the staff; and/or 2) demonstrating experience with successful diversity-related initiatives; and 3) showing interest in developing inclusiveness to address the needs of a diverse student body.
Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds.