SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES – COPY EDITING:
Copyedit and proofread books, e-books, music, periodicals, reprints, advertising, and other projects as assigned:
- Correct projects for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, and house style.
- Develop detailed and specific style sheets and proofreader checklists for books and other products.
- Indicate copyediting and proofreading corrections on projects.
- Query unclear or incorrect passages from assigned projects to the appropriate person.
- Enter copyediting corrections to the electronic files of projects.
- Check layout and corrections throughout the process.
- After layout, mark corrections on hard copy of the projects.
- Create Scripture and subject indexes for appropriate projects.
- Provide feedback for proofreaders of books and other projects.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES – COLLABORATION AND PUBLISHING:
Work with project teams to facilitate timely and professional publications:
- Contribute ideas at advertising and product concepting meetings.
- Effectively collaborate with Editorial, Marketing, Copy Editing, Design Services, and Print Buying areas.
- Check printer proofs, color proofs, and digital proofs.
- Check e-books before being loaded onto Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- Check Meditations smart phone app before new content is released.
- Assist with maintaining the NPH Style Guide.