We help packaging machinery companies build their brand and generate leads. Their machines package a lot of the products you see at the grocery store and have in your refrigerator - sorry, we cannot name the actual brands - but think about potato chips, cereal, frozen pizza, candy at the movie theater...our customers’ machines package all of those, and way more!
We’re an outsourced marketing agency that solely focuses on the packaging industry and we speak our customers’ language. One of our founder’s grew up in this industry (literally) starting as a summer job in high school sweeping floors, testing products and doing data entry. We do not have foosball or ping pong tables (although we do have a practice golf net in the warehouse). We’re just a small knit group that works hard to support each other and our clients. We laugh (sometimes at each other) and don’t take ourselves too seriously. Sometimes things might be a little slow, sometimes things are a little hectic, but we figure it all out, together, and for our clients.
The entire team gets a sense of pride when our customers smile from seeing their ad in a magazine, quote in an article or bright lights on their machine at a trade show. There’s no greater feeling than when a client tells us we played a part in their business having a record year (some actually have them EVERY year). It makes us come back the next day, wanting to work that much harder for them, even though we don’t have dart boards!
This position is a unique blend of content strategy development, copywriting and public relations in which you’ll have the opportunity to touch every client’s marketing program. You’re going to have to be creative and work well with deadlines. You’re going to have to pay attention to detail. You need to be a strategic thinker, creative and well-organized.
You’ll be expected to provide your expert opinions on content development and stay on top of best practices. You’ll also be expected to have an advanced understanding of our clients and their machinery as well as the packaging industry in general. This includes industry publications and trade shows.
Your time will generally split between content strategy / writing (70%) and basic public relations efforts (30%). The general responsibilities are as follows, but not limited to:
Writing & Content Responsibilities
- Strategy - You’ll work with the rest of the client team to develop content strategies, plans and calendars for each client. We’ll be relying on you to keep up with best practices and current content trends.
- Copywriting - You’ll be writing creative and technical copy for various pieces such as web site pages, blog posts, company profiles, collateral, ads, e-blasts, video scripts, social media, whitepapers, case studies, etc.
- Messaging standards - You’ll develop messaging standards for all clients including value propositions, boilerplates and company descriptions/profiles.
- Strategy - You’ll work with the client management team to develop PR strategies, plans and calendars for each client.
- Editorial contact - You’ll build relationships with industry editors to identify opportunities for clients to be included in articles and features. This also includes coordinating end-user case studies and application stories.
- Press releases - You’ll write press releases focused on new product (or company) launches, new hires or trade show participation, and then distribute those releases to the right editors.
- Tracking and reporting - You’ll keep track of all PR activities including press release pickups and article inclusions.
- Trade shows - You’ll schedule and manage media visits with editors at industry trade shows.
You’ll also be asked to manage these same activities for Kondracki Group’s own marketing efforts as well. Once in a while, you’ll also be asked to do some traveling - mostly local, but some out-of-town on occasion. This includes attending trade shows as needed, meeting with clients, partners or media.